Friday, September 30, 2011

Merely a Coincidence????










I guess all this art is inspired by the Marc Ryden school, but as, Hot Topic-y as Marc Ryden's art is, he also seems to be squeezing in some funny references and social commentary amongst the bobble-headed nymphets:


I don't know, it's not like I have a problem with campy or decorative art, and I can appreciate the big-eyed Margaret Keane style homage, but it is just annoying to see all these women making this cookie-cutter, naughty little girl with a twee baby fox stuff. As I mentioned in my post on child actor/models, it seems like we place quite a lot of value on an idealized, barely pubescent body as the perfect canvas for any situation. And also, the heads, they are so big, like those Steve Madden ads or Bratz dolls or every endless copy. We have reached the limits of what big heads can show us, you know? Bring on the tiny heads and huge bodies.

1 comment:

buy wow account said...

Great! That was really awesome.=D